Hi, I'm Ewilan Rivière
I like to have knowledge on each part of the chain, from local development to deployment on a server (with NGINX), which leads me to configure quite often Linux servers for both production and local development. Therefore, I like to have efficient tools, whatever the development environment (Linux, Windows or macOS) to be able to easily use such or such version of a language.
I develop best in groups, preferring communication and help to isolated development, as long as I have colleagues who also enjoy this way of working. I love to discuss technologies, I'm interested in the latest versions of the languages I use and I spend a lot of time reading documentation or making it, in Markdown of course. I always have too many projects on the go, but I also always have something to do!
My favorite tools are :
- IDE : Visual Studio Code
- System: macOS (M1 chip), Android
- Server: Linux Debian
- Main technologies : Laravel, Vue.js, TypeScript, Node.js, Tailwind CSS
- In addition : GitHub Copilot, TablePlus, Figma
Technologies I use
What I like to do in my free time
- Develop & technology watch
- Develop projects with my favorites frameworks, to experiment new features from technology watch.
- Read some books like fantasy, science-fiction or novels like Robin Hobb or J.M. Auel.
- Warhammers like Lord of the Rings series.
- Listen to podcasts, on culture, video games, technoloy watching or role play.
- Video games
- Play to video games and modding, like Elder Scrolls series or simulation games.
- TV shows
- I'm watching science-fiction or fantasy TV shows or web series.
Build an application from front-end to back-end, with API. Always look back at what has been coded to see if it can be improved, comments and refactoring allow to always improve the code.
Responsive & design
The front-end is the basis for mastering the integration of a model, either with a CSS framework or by hand, with mobile-first development.
Deploy projects on servers, either directly with NGINX or in containers, with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
Tests & experiments
Write tests to improve the maintainability of projects with a CI/CD. But also see what's new on the technologies I like and test them, then implement them in new projects.
Whether it's setting up `head` metadata, open graph, redirects, traffic analysis or ecodesign, SEO is important in every project.
Write technical documentation to explain how to use some projects, to save snippets, to write some articles for developers.